Shrimp and Grits




This is actually one of my very favorite dishes to make. And to eat. To just plain out NOSH. Word of warning, however: this is NOT Whole30. Nor is it Paleo by any means. So if you are looking for that, please move right on to the OTHER recipes on this site!

Okay, now that we have established what it is NOT, let me tell you what it IS:

Warm, cheesy, spicy HEAVEN all mixed up in your bowl!!!


Yes! YES! YASSSS!!!!!
RIP Jack Ritter....😢

There are many different ways to make this dish, some with a brown or red gravy, some with grits without cheese. I like mine both with bacon and andouille sausage, though this recipe is just with bacon. I found this recipe from Kuzzo's Chicken and Waffles in Detroit, MI and I made it my own. 

But, you can't really go wrong with bacon, butter and heavy cream, now can you????


mmmmm bacon

The heavy whipping cream adds a level of creaminess to the grits that water just can't match. Add a generous amount of cheese and you've got grits Nirvana!

Okay, are you drooling yet?? Wipe your face and get you some Shrimp and Grits!!










Comments

Popular Posts